The Vittoria Group, Edinburgh's favourite Italian family restaurant, features award-winning eateries around the city. An Edinburgh institution since 1970, the Group also has four La Favorita Delivered take away shops which sell and deliver their award-winning pizzas across Edinburgh.
The previous telecoms set up across five restaurants, four takeaway shops and one head office were the result of supplier decisions made from necessity rather than value or service and due to rapid growth our client ended up with a situation that was less than desirable.
- The group had multiple providers across 10 locations for telephone lines and broadband services across various sites
which became very difficult to control and budget
- The situation caused confusion for staff members who didn't know who to report service issues to
- The business experienced several outages and losses of business as they had no disaster recovery plan
- We became a single provider for all telecoms and broadband services across the group, thus consolidating billing and simplifying the management
- As part of our take over process we reviewed all available broadband services and recommended upgrades
- Worked closely with the client's IT provider to ensure all the broadband changes and associated router configurations and hardware upgrades were handled seamlessly
- Addressing disaster recovery, we installed a secondary broadband circuit for failover purposes, this was essential at the sites which rely on connectivity for online ordering
- Legacy analogue phone lines were upgraded to our Hosted VoIP platform, this brought many call handling features, improving call management and customer experience
- Universal solution across all sites making it simple for staff to work in different branches and operate in a similar environment
- One simple invoice, broken down into cost centres, making it simple for the finance department to understand all costs assigned with telecoms for
each location resulting in savings in excess of £8000 per annum
- To follow disaster recovery processes we left staff with easy to follow guides to help them get back on line quickly and easily
- The client now has a dedicated DB Comms account manager which helps staff at the restaurants and take away stores as they now have a single point of contact for all types of moves/add and change enquiries